Saturday, March 14, 2009

Seriously Open

3:48AM Just shy of 2 hours before we open for the first time. An hour ago I parked in my now regular spot (thanks landlord) and started the block to the shop. Realized its my first time here at 3AM. There's a trailer parked next to one of the pawn shops with a neon "OPEN" sign glowing, and painted on the trailer is "Chicken and Waffles". I have no cash and no time. Mental note: leave early tomorrow and bring $. Larimer is quiet except for a few cars several blocks up. Lights are still on in the Whiskey Bar, chairs are up on the tables, and I can see people inside sitting at the bar. They're on the end of one day and I'm on the beginning of the next. Baker is at the door waiting for me. And we're off.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, but WHO ARE YOU (what's your name, where's your picture). Don't be too cool to be visible.

intheweeds said...

Not too cool. Felt like posting a photo of myself was a little self centered. But since you asked...

Anonymous said...

AHHH, just a tip, that vehicle selling "chicken & waffles" are krips(sp?) gang members selling drugs from 12 pm to 6 a.m....the guy is a VERY bad dude, we've been trying to get him kicked out of the neighborhood for a while...so please proceed with caution on your way to bake your bread, which is pretty tasty, thanks!